This Christmas, you can give the best gift of all; hope to someone that needs it by giving in the following ways!
Home for the Holidays
- The Lighthouse Supported Living needs your help in helping someone celebrate their first Christmas in a home of their own. We are looking for partners to help us provide a Christmas they will never forget as they enjoy their first Christmas in their new home.
- A donation of $50 allows staff to hand-select a Christmas gift for a resident of our supported living units. It also includes a Christmas card and note, expressing encouragement and holiday wishes for the recipient. Each year staff talk to each one of our residents asking them what they would like for Christmas. It’s often the first time any of them have ever had a Christmas wish answered. Partnering with us for this program not only allows us to meet their needs but it often provides a much needed item in their life.
The men and women who stay in The Lighthouse’s Emergency Shelters take very little for granted. One of the best gifts they can receive this holiday season is also one of the most practical. Gift-filled backpacks provide encouragement and assistance during the time of year when our residents need it the most. Purchase a backpack and fill is with some of these basic personal items:
- Bar of soap, in container
- Travel-size shampoo and conditioner
- Hairbrush or comb
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Nail clippers
- Lip balm
- Travel-size lotion
- Band Aids
- Pen & notepad
- Transit passes* (10 Ride Transit Go-Card is greatly appreciated)
- Men’s gloves
- Gift Cards for coffee, movies or food*
- Christmas card or personal note of encouragement
*Please note that transit passes and gift cards may be removed and redistributed to ensure that all Christmas gifts are as equitable as possible.
** Please do not include food items or any items containing an alcohol base, such as mouthwash or perfume.
Please drop off all Christmas donations at:
The Lighthouse Supported Living Inc.
304 2nd Avenue South
Find out more:
To find out more about our Christmas opportunities and how you can get involved at The Lighthouse this Christmas, contact us at: phone: 306.653.0538 or email: email@example.com
This holiday season, we invite you to touch a life in need…and bring joy to friends and family.