The role of The Lighthouse Community Advisory Council is to help ensure that The Lighthouseand it’s Board of Directors are accountable and transparent to all the community.
To do this, the Council will:
- Provide input to The Lighthouse’s operations and participate as appropriate;
- Act as educational resource for The Lighthouse, the Board of Directors and the community;
- Participate in the review and development of The Lighthouse policies, programs and services consistent with the needs of the community;
- On behalf of the community, challenge The Lighthouse board and staff to continually strive for excellence in the delivery of services;
- Support The Lighthouse as it strives to become the centre of excellence in the services it provides; and
- Advocate for the unique and diverse needs of The Lighthouse community