What We Do
At The Lighthouse, the needs of people who are homeless or need housing are met in a respectful, comprehensive and safe way.
The Lighthouse exists to help people reach their potential by providing emergency shelter, supported living, and affordable housing for anyone who is in need of a place to call home.
The Lighthouse values
- Excellence in everything we do.
- Staff and volunteers that inspire, encourage and give hope to those we serve.
- Honesty, integrity and accountability in all of our relationships.
- The ability to show courage in adversity.
- Efforts that achieve results through competence and creativity.
- People who constantly build an environment of trust.
- Staff and volunteers that respect co-workers, volunteers, residents, clients, and The Lighthouse as an agency.
- Efforts that make us a good steward of resources, time, money, and the earth.
- An environment that allows for growth and development.
- Funding for operations and capital requirements for the DI programs and services is received from the following:
- Ministry of Social Services
- Saskatoon Health Region
- Private Foundations
- Public and private corporations
- Churches, community based service clubs, and individual donors
Why You Should Work For Us
We invite you to ask the people who work here – the work is fulfilling, the people make the difference, and the benefits are competitive with other service providers.
If you want to make a difference, be respected, and appreciated, this might be your calling.
But the greatest benefit of all is your opportunity to provide a ray of hope, companionship, and influence on someone who has nowhere to live and little to look farward to. Each of us makes a measurable difference, and The Lighthouse is a family of good people who are here for the right reasons.