This is a casual position. Currently, casual coverage is needed for 20-30 hours per week for the next few months. A potential for full-time in the future. Shifts are 10-hours in length (7:00 AM – 5:30 PM). Shifts may fall on any day of the week.
Food Services Manager
The Cook, as part of a two-person team, is responsible for prepping and cooking food served cafeteria style for 70-100 people staying at The Lighthouse’s shelters and supported living tower. General kitchen and cleaning duties are also required. This individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Prepare and serve three meals per shift (breakfast, lunch, supper) to clients staying in The Lighthouse’s shelters and supported living.
- Perform regular cleaning duties for all areas of kitchen as scheduled by Food Services Coordinator on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Experience prepping and cooking food
- Food Safe Certificate
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Ability to work in a team alongside other kitchen staff and volunteers
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check required as a condition of employment
- This position requires 10-hour shifts, to serve three meals/day to clients and residents
- Involves combination of weekday and weekend shifts; must be willing to work weekends.
- Stands and prepares/serves food for up to 10 hours a day with minimal sitting time
Please forward resume and cover letter to Raeleen Viklund, HR Manager, by Friday, August 25th. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 306-665-7770, or drop off at The Lighthouse front desk (304 2nd Ave S). No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.