Once competitions close, the applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected, usually within a week, for an interview based on a combination of:
- ability necessary to fulfill job requirements
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, in most instances, by telephone. They will be advised of:
- the date, time, duration and location of the interview
- the interview panel, which usually consists of representatives from the department requiring the job and from Human Resources.
The general structure of the interview includes:
- a description of the job
- questions to determine the candidate’s education and work experience
- questions to determine the candidate’s skills and abilities relating to the job
- general information of the candidate, such as, salary, start date and availability
- an opportunity for the candidate to ask questions about the job
- information regarding when and how the candidate will receive the results of the interview (offers are usually made by telephone).
Employment decisions are based on a combination of seniority, education, related work experience, suitability, the interview and references. The successful candidate will be contacted by the department manager. An offer of employment will be made outlining the conditions of employment. The start date will be confirmed, as well as the location and time to report for work. An offer letter will be sent by Human Resources, with the information that was discussed on the telephone.
While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.