Our Core Values
The Lighthouse sees our core values as essential to thrive in a changing world. The Lighthouse’ values are beliefs that have proven themselves in the past, guide our actions in the present and will lead us into the future.
We believe in putting the well being of the people we serve first and that these core value guides our behaviour and decisions in everything we do. Our core values are more than a moral compass. We believe they are a formula for being an agent of change in our community.
We invite you to read our core values and you’ll see that our values are part of the reason why people trust us.
The Lighthouse values
- Excellence in everything we do.
- Staff and volunteers that inspire, encourage and give hope to those we serve.
- Honesty, integrity and accountability in all of our relationships.
- The ability to show courage in adversity.
- Efforts that achieve results through competence and creativity.
- People who constantly build an environment of trust.
- Staff and volunteers that respect co-workers, volunteers, residents, clients, and The Lighthouse as an agency.
- Efforts that make us a good steward of resources, time, money, and the earth.
- An environment that allows for growth and development.
Statement of Faith
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress. -James 1:27
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen