While The Lighthouse welcomes a variety of donations, the following lists reflect items that are especially appreciated, as well as items we cannot take. If you have something that may benefit and enrich the lives of the residents that we work with please contact us. We can use the following items:
We are in urgent need of the following items:
- Winter jackets / hoodies
- Single Mattresses
- Mini-Van | We are need of a late model small van to transport residents to appointments, pick up donations, and provide programming to our residents.
- Sewing Machines | We would like to start a class teaching basic sewing skills. These will also be useful for repairing clothes and bedding.
- New socks and underwear
- New or gently-used digital cameras for (photography workshop)
- Cleaning supplies
- Single sheet sets
- Coffee makers
- Small microwave ovens
- Good condition bath and face towels
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant and other unused personal hygiene items
- Bedside and floor lamps (no-halogen bulbs please)
- Art supplies
Items We Don’t Need
- Out of date electronics (except for digital cameras)
- Computer components such as printers
- Couches and other large furniture
- Large appliances
- Dirty or worn out clothing
- Used hygiene items like soap
- Hot plates and toasters
Providing nutritious meals to those in need is at the heart of The Lighthouse. Non-perishable food items and non expired food items are gladly accepted and will help us to make the meals and sandwiches that we serve each day.
- Perishable (non-expired food items): fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, frozen food, lean cooking meats, sandwich meats, breads and buns, snacks such as fruit bars, crackers, and cheese sticks), milk, yogurt and cheese
- Non-perishable food items: pasta, rice, grains, beans, granola bars, cereal, canned vegetables, canned tomato products, canned tuna
For questions or more information about food related donations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.653.0538.