The Lighthouse’s planned giving program offers a variety of options to extend hope to those in need. We would be privileged to partner with you to combine solid financial planning with compassionate giving to offer lasting life change to the homeless.
Planned gifts reflect a donor’s commitment to an organization, cause or issue.
A planned gift:
- Can give you a substantial tax advantage
- Gives you the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy within the context of sound financial and estate planning
There are a variety of planned giving opportunities. These include both present and deferred gifts.
A donation of stock
- This is a highly beneficial way of giving to The Lighthouse that can result in significant tax credits and savings.
Please use this formto advise your broker of stock donations.
Life insurance (cash value)
- If you own an existing policy and transfer ownership to The Lighthouse, the existing cash value represents a present gift, and you will receive a charitable tax receipt equal to the amount of the cash value.
- You create a gift now, but The Lighthouse receives the benefits of the gift at some later time.
Bequests in a will
- By leaving a portion (or all) of your estate to The Lighthouse, you are able to make a long-term commitment without affecting your current standard of living.
Gifts of RRSPs or RRIFs
- Transform tax liabilities into a charitable gift by donating money from your retirement funds.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
- This involves the transfer of property into a trust, all or part of which is donated to The Lighthouse upon your passing.
We want to help you leave a lasting legacy. For more information on how we can help you arrange your planned giving, please call 306.664.4663
IMPORTANT: The Lighthouse offers this information with the understanding that we do not render legal, accounting, or other specific professional advice. We recommend that you consult your own professional advisors.