On September 1, 2012, The Lighthouse was proud to open up 58 affordable living suites at 227 20th St E that are an affordable, safe and sustainable place for people to call home. The Lighthouse’s affordable housing development is a 9 story, mixed use building that features 49 one bedroom and 11 two bedroom apartments. In addition to the 58 new suites, the east tower features one floor of dining and programming space. In a city-wide context, the building represents an important part of Saskatoon’s process to end homelessness and make sure that everyone has a place to live.
For over 20 years, The Lighthouse’s progressive life-change programs, individually tailored mentoring and hands-on guidance have set the standard for meaningful change in the lives of thousands, helping men and women regain dignity and pride in the face of homelessness.
The Lighthouse’s East Tower provides
- A 9-story, mixed-use apartment building, with a floor of dining, programming and community space; featuring a nurses station and employment centre.
- 58 units of affordable housing
- Shared tenant amenity spaces
- An alcohol- and drug-free environment
- 24-hour lobby security with cameras throughout hallways and public spaces.
- Project partners: Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, City of Saskatoon (through the Affordable Housing Reserve), Homelessness Partnering Strategy, Canadian Mortgage Housing Corporation, Affordable Housing Trust
- Construction Firm: P3Architects, Quorex Construction
Rents for bachelor suites are $650, single suites are $750, while two bedroom suites are $850. Rental applications are available at The Lighthouse office, online, and in printable PDF format that can be downloaded, filled out and then mailed, dropped off, or faxed back to The Lighthouse.
The mailing address is 227 20th St E. S7K 0A5.
Capital funding partners