All of our residents and clients that come into The Lighthouse have the right to give feedback about the services they are receiving and appeal any decisions or policies that affect them.
The first step is that we encourage anyone having problems with The Lighthouse to talk about any concerns they may have. However, if the resident has tried and they aren’t satisfied with the result, they may file a formal complaint. The steps that they need to take are as follows:
- Voice their complaint to a staff member.
- If the complaint is not resolved to their satisfaction, they can write down your complaint on a complaint form and give it to the Supervisor or Manager of the program. The Supervisor or Manager will advise them in writing about the outcome of their complaint within five working days.
- If the complaint is still not resolved to their satisfaction, their Complaint Form and the Supervisor’s/Manager’s response, will be forwarded to the Executive Director.
- The Executive Director will reply to them in writing within five working days.
- The Executive Director will let the Board of Directors know about any client complaints he receives at the next scheduled Board meeting.
It is hoped that all complaints/concerns between you and The Lighthouse, can be resolved however, if they are dissatisfied with the outcome, they may express your concerns to the MLA, the funding department or the Provincial Ombudsman (306-933-5500) at any time.