Full-time; primarily Monday-Friday; some evening or weekends hours will be required, particularly during move-in and move-out periods
Maintains The Lighthouse supported living tower, affordable housing tower, and community houses by filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining premises. The role of the Housing Coordinator is to reasonably meet the needs of all Lighthouse residents and guests.
The incumbent must be able to connect with a varied population and possess a personality that inspires trust and respect with tenants and staff. Strong personal integrity, leadership abilities, and the ability to effectively deal with stress are crucial. The Housing Coordinator is also responsible for enforcing Lighthouse rules, reporting suspicious activities, and recommending improvements of policies.
Additionally, the Housing Coordinator is responsible for assisting other Lighthouse front staff as needed; cash handling/accounting; building security; emergency procedures; assisting maintenance with final room set-ups; and maintaining the cleanliness of the Affordable Housing and Supported Living towers, as well as houses in the community.
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Works closely with the Operations Manager, and entire management team, to deliver services through our Affordable Housing Tower, Supported Living Tower, and houses in the community
- Attracts tenants to The Lighthouse by obtaining referrals from current tenants, processing housing applications, explaining advantages of location and services, showing units
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit. Fill out move forms and mail them to Social Services. Assist them with Social Services when needed.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and coordinating repairs; planning renovations
- Maintain files for all tenants including move-in/move-out forms, rental leases, etc.
- Maintains building systems by liaising with operations manager and maintenance supervisor; coordinate all repairs and maintenance for suites, and assist with maintenance duties as needed
- Secures property by working with Front Desk Staff and Security team, maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Maintain confidentiality of the tenants and staff information at all times
- Develop, implement, and evaluate all housing programs based around a Housing First philosophy;
- Foster and exemplify a collaborative culture and team approach for all staff
- Ensure that housing services are operating according to established standards, provincial acts, and/or operating systems according to funding sources
- Intervene and deal with emergency situations (safety of others/individual or facility)
- Sensitive to cultural and socio-economic differences in and between clients and employees, and strives to create a harmonious work environment
- Monitors revenue levels and financial position of the department; Identify potential sources of revenue and work with others to create and submit funding proposals and grant applications
- Compile and prepare yearly budget for approval and consolidation into complete budget
- Promotes a consistent image and professional presence in the community
- Represent The Lighthouse Supported Living on internal and external committees as requested by the Executive Director
- Maintain a professional and collaborative working relationship with referral sources and other community agencies in order to deliver appropriate services to The Lighthouse clients and/or refer individuals to appropriate agencies
- Maintain cooperative and effective partnerships with agencies providing similar services (i.e. Saskatoon Housing Authority, Salvation Army, Crisis Intervention Services, and the provincial government)
- Deliver educational sessions to internal Lighthouse and external audiences
- Implements processes to support exemplary customer services
- Resolve customer inquiries, concerns and information requests relating to program areas, either personally or delegated through other department staff
- Strong knowledge of The Residential Tenancies Act; ability to perform all duties in accordance with related legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of housing policies, compliance regulations, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants, visitors, and Lighthouse personnel
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and client privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and diffuse crisis.
- Computer literacy, including effective working knowledge of MS Office and email
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Criminal Records and Vulnerability Sector clearance
- Driver’s License
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Manager at: email@example.com, fax to 306-665-7770, or drop off at The Lighthouse front desk (304 2nd Ave S; main doors on 20th St). No phone calls, please. Apply by Saturday, April 20th