Position Details: This is an eight-week summer term position, for 35 hours per week (total of 280 hours).
To be eligible to apply, candidates must meet the following criteria (as per the Canada Summer Jobs Program):
Volunteer & Program Coordinator
Within the context of a client/resident-centered care model and in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Recreational Support Worker works in a team based environment to coordinate programming at The Lighthouse and in the community to ensure therapeutic, recreational activities that improve individuals’ psycho-social functioning.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Strong Written & Verbal Communication
- Arranges, delivers and monitors recreational activities, events, and programs to meet the abilities and needs of clients/tenants (e.g. birthday parties, gardening, music/reading programs, baking, exercises and mobility, holiday events, pow wows, outdoor recreation, museum/art gallery visits)
- Assist with regular Lighthouse programs including Games Night, Coffee House, Art Groups, etc.
- Assists with coordinating Community Kitchen meals
- Arranges and/or accompanies clients/tenants on outings
- Encourages and assists with clients/tenants interaction
- Prepares, decorates and sets up the activity area (e.g. moving furniture) and organizes crafts or games.
- Obtains and/or purchases necessary equipment and supplies
- Maintains communications through communication books, daily white boards, calendars and newsletters
- Maintains records of volunteers, activities and attendance.
- Takes bookings for program attendance
- Prioritizes Aboriginal culturally relevant and responsive programming
- Experience working with clients/tenants in a recreational capacity
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals of all levels within The Lighthouse community including staff, clients, volunteers, and the general public
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, but also contribute as part of a strong collaborative team
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the philosophies of The Lighthouse
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Clearance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with safe food handling processes
- Shift work, up to five days a week, with shifts lasting up to 8 hours.
- Position involves working in the community, with a partner
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, and the general public
- Physical activity including walking, standing, sitting
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
TO APPLY: Please forward resume and cover letter to Raeleen Viklund, Human Resource Manager, via email at email@example.com, by fax to 306-665-7770, or drop off at The Lighthouse Front Desk (304 2nd Ave S). Application deadline is Friday, May 3rd.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.