Full-time position for 40 hours per week; shifts will be either Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat
Client Services Manager
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, the Residential Support Case Manager is responsible for educating clients in learning and assisting clients in maintaining independent living skills in accordance with their individualized service plan (ISP). The Residential Support Case Manager will provide clients with supports to improve illness management, enhance coping skills, improve life skills and improve overall health in order to maximize independence and improve quality of life.
Working as part of a team, the Residential Support Case Manager will provide support to fifteen individuals requiring a medium-high level of residential support; clients may be housed within The Lighthouse or in the broader Saskatoon community. The focus of the medium-high residential support beds is intensive visiting support that might be daily and increasing or decreasing in frequency as the client requires.
Performance indicators for Program:
- Clients will remain stably housed
- Clients will remain out of hospital and in community
- Clients will self-identify that they are happy with support
- Clients will attend programming with Lighthouse staff
- Clients will improve management of their illness.
- Clients will improve self-care and self-sufficiency
- Clients will improve medication compliance
- Clients will work more successfully with community supports and mainstream services
- Reduced visits to Emergency rooms
- Decreased number of Police interactions
- Successful transition to appropriate longer term housing or more appropriate care environments
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Organizational Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Client Service Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Locate and access housing based upon service participant preferences as well as affordability and appropriateness, assisting the service participant in signing the lease, and providing direct assistance in helping the service participant move into the apartment with furnishings and basic needs in place
- Assertively engage with clients and build a therapeutic relationship
- Assess client needs and identify strengths; identify existing supports and assess sources and level of motivation as per assessment format
- Using a client centered approach, develops a personal case plan with each resident based on assessed/perceived needs and client goals.
- Assist client with activities of daily living as per plan including room care, laundry, grocery shopping, meal planning, meal preparation, etc. Coach clients around personal hygiene, room care and life skills. Help facilitate psycho-educational programs.
- Facilitate client access to appointments, community services, community activities, and outings
- Maintains up-to-date program and client documentation. Obtain and record all client information, date and nature of client contacts, consents, written case plans and actions.
- Utilize electronic information system, entering client and service information in a timely and accurate manner for use in reporting, service management and evaluation.
- Present self in an approachable, friendly and professional manner as an ethical example of a professional community organization.
- Become familiar with and adhere to Lighthouse Policies and Procedures
- Participate in ongoing staff development and training. Obtain and maintain necessary certifications.
- Maintain knowledge and skills in areas of mental illness, addictions, homelessness, trauma informed practice, and crisis management.
- Assist other LH staff and program areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Disability Support Worker Certificate, or Degree/Diploma level of training in Human Services (Addictions, Nursing, Social Work, Psychology) preferred, along with professional registration where required, or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Preference given to candidates that have psychiatric/mental health experience
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy towards clients with complex needs.
- Candidate must have an understanding of mental illness, mental health symptomology, and be able to work with care/case management plans
- Knowledge/understanding of poverty, homelessness, addiction and mental illness.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and client privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and defuse crisis.
- Computer literacy, including effective working knowledge of MS Office, E-mail and Information System applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional education.
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with related legislation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Criminal Record and Vulnerability Sector clearance required as a condition of employment
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Hours of work are flexible; evenings and weekends required
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions.
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, as well as government/community agencies and personnel.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals.
- Physical activity required including walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, cleaning duties, as well as working alongside of residents to coach life skills, effective self-care and activities related to tenancy.
- Intermittently assisting care aide and other staff in the conduct of their roles.
Please send resume and cover letter to Raeleen Viklund, Human Resource Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 306-665-7770. Please apply by Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 by 11:59 PM. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls or drop-ins, please.