Position Details: This is an eight-week term position, for 35 hours per week (total of 280 hours).
To be eligible to apply, candidates must meet the following criteria(as per the Canada Summer Jobs Program):
a) be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
b) be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
c) have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Note: International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
Human Resource Manager
The Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of The Lighthouse office. This position will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials.
- Strong Administrative Skills (e.g. typing, computer skills, organizational skills, etc.)
- Time Management
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Planning and Organizing
- Detail Oriented
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Team Work
- Answering and directing phone calls; making phone calls; taking and distributing messages; handling inquiries
- Checking and distributing documents and correspondence
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing incoming mail
- Maintaining filing systems (paper and electronic)
- Photocopying, scanning, and faxing
- Sending emails
- Preparing and sending outgoing mailings and packages
- Typing documents and correspondence
- Researching information, and assisting in the creation of policies, training presentations, and other materials for the workplace
- Checking and entering data
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Monitoring and ordering inventory of office supplies
- Keeping office area neat and tidy
- Degree, diploma or certificate in business, administrative assistant program, etc. would be considered an asset
- Prior work experience in an office setting would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, including effective working knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and E-mail
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Primarily day-time, weekday hours
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, as well as government/community agencies and personnel.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Majority of time is spent in an office environment. Light lifting of materials and supplies may also be required.
Please submit resume & cover letter to Human Resources at: email@example.com or by fax to 306-665-7773. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.