The Bookkeeper performs accounting duties for The Lighthouse Supported Living Inc. In particular, this position will perform all accounts payable and receivable functions. This position also completes shelter billing reports, does cash-outs, and maintains updated tenant lists for the towers.
The Bookkeeper must have strong time management skills, and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong Bookkeeping and Accounting Skills
- Time Management
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Planning and Organizing
- Detail Oriented
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Team Work
- Accounts payable: enters all invoices received into the correct categories; prepares cheques for payment in a timely manner; enters data for invoices that have pre-authorized debits
- Accounts receivable: enter invoices and processes cheques and/or direct deposits received for rents, activities, etc. Prepares A/R summary reports for outstanding payments
- Tenant/Resident list: maintains an accurate list of residents in our facilities. Distributes list to all relevant departments as changes arise.
- Prepares all deposits and takes to the bank(s)
- Reconciliations: prepares bank reconciliations and account reconciliations for both Saskatoon and North Battleford accounts, including charge cards, bank accounts, etc.
- Donations: assists Fundraising and Communications coordinators with data entry and preparing donation receipts
- Shelter billings: finalize shelter billing report and statistical summary for submission
- Audit: compile documents for review by auditor for Saskatoon and North Battleford operations
- Report preparation: various budget reports as required by Executive Director, and managers of Lighthouse.
- GST Remittance: enter GST transactions and prepare back up info to prepare quarterly GST remittance
- Grants: compile back-up data for grant final (or mid-term) reporting as required by granting agencies
- Position may also include other duties for Saskatoon operations
- Degree, diploma or certificate in business, accounting, bookkeeping preferred
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong computer skills, including effective working skills of Quick Books, Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and client privacy
- Strong mathematical skills
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Typically works a standard work week. May be required to work overtime during busy times of the year
- Majority of time is spent in an office environment. Light lifting of materials and supplies may also be required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com