Provide daily therapeutic support services to residents with complex mental illness and addiction conditions. The program provides single accommodation and 24 hour, seven day a week staff support to facilitate recovery processes. These include supports to improve illness management, coping skills, life skills and better over-all health in order to maximize independence and improve quality of life
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Resident Service Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Taking the direction of Complex Needs Case Managers, oversees daily operational functioning of Complex Needs office. This includes daily room checks, medications, files, stats, cleaning of office, staff washroom, hallways and stairwell, as well as overseeing move-outs and room preparation for new residents.
- Actively engages, develops and maintains effective working relationships with residents.
- In consultation with Complex Needs Case Managers and community care team members, helps support the CN resident’s case plans and goal achievement.
- Encourage residents to explore, access resources and engage in relevant health and recovery practices and programs. Provide residents with reminders and transportation for appointments, as necessary.
- Following the “CN Medication Storage and Access Policy”, help residents manage their medications.
- Facilitate resident acquisition of life skills, healthy leisure/recreational activity and encourage exploration of employment readiness, education or training.
- Coach residents around personal hygiene, room care and life skills. Help facilitate psycho-educational programs.
- Be familiar and compliant with Lighthouse Policies and Procedures.
- Explain, monitor and reinforce Lighthouse policies and procedures to ensure a safe, mutually respectful and sustained tenancy.
- Contribute to and promote a community climate of respect, safety and mutual support among residents and staff of the Lighthouse.
- Help maintain strong linkages and relationships with relevant community agencies and with partner health and social service providers to ensure seamless transitions for client service
- Present self in an approachable, friendly manner as an ethical example of a professional community organization.
- Participate in ongoing staff development and training to obtain necessary certifications or to recertify. Maintain current knowledge and skills in areas of mental illness, addictions, concurrent disorders and crisis management.
- Contribute to team building, effective communication and participate in ongoing program development and evaluation
- Assist in the support of Dube Tower residents
- Assist other staff and program areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree/Diploma level of training in Human Services (Addictions, Nursing, Social Work, Psychology) preferred, along with professional registration where required, or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy towards residents with complex needs.
- Knowledge/understanding of poverty, homelessness, addiction and mental illness.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and resident privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and diffuse crisis.
- Computer literacy, including effective working knowledge of MS Office, E-mail and Information System applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional education.
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with related legislation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Criminal Record and Vulnerability Sector clearance
- Driver’s License
- Shift work required – rotating 12 hour shifts 24/7.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions.
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, as well as government/community agencies and personnel.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals.
- Physical activity required including walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, cleaning duties, as well as working alongside of residents to coach life skills, effective self-care and activities related to tenancy.
- Intermittently assisting care aide and other staff in the conduct of their roles.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com