The Cook, as part of a two-person team, will be supervised by a Red Seal Chef. The individual will do scratch cooking, and is responsible for prepping and cooking food served cafeteria style for 100-120 people staying at The Lighthouse’s shelters and supported living tower. General kitchen and cleaning duties are also required. This individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Prepare and serve three meals per shift (breakfast, lunch, supper) to residents staying in The Lighthouse’s shelters and supported living.
- Perform regular cleaning duties for all areas of kitchen as scheduled by Food Services Supervisor on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Experience prepping and cooking food
- Food Safe Certificate
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Ability to work in a team alongside other kitchen staff and volunteers
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Clearance
- This position requires 10-hour shifts, to serve three meals/day to residents
- Typically 20 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday
- Involves combination of weekday and weekend shifts – must be willing to work weekends
- Stands and prepares/serves food for up to 10 hours a day with minimal sitting time
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 306-665-7773.