Full-time permanent; 40 hours per week; primarily Mon-Fri day-time hours; some evening or weekend work will be required.
As The Lighthouse Food Services Manager, you have the valued responsibility of leading employees to serve nutritious food and creating a positive and caring atmosphere for our residents. If you are someone who appreciates leading by example, teamwork and motivating other people, then this could be the job for you. In addition to working with a variety of customers and team members including volunteers, you can utilize your strengths in organization, attention to detail and conflict management. You have the opportunity to actively contribute to creating a home for residents by teaching employees to treat all people with care and respect, suggesting menu items, and maintaining a kitchen that is clean, orderly and positive. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys working with people and managing a host of responsibilities with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Communication – written and verbal
- Conflict Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Rapport
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Time Management
- Manage a team of 4-6 staff and verify each is compliant with Food Safe standards
- Encourage employees to provide outstanding customer service by treating all with dignity and respect
- Mediate conflict and resolve customer complaints related to food quality, service rendered or customer suggestions
- Oversee the preparation, presentation and delivery of food to guarantee that guests receive meals that are proportionate, consistent, offers options for all, cooked properly and aesthetically pleasing
- Plan menu for meals served three times a day, seven days a week, including holidays
- Order restaurant supplies, maintain a reasonable inventory and monitor finances to determine compliance with assigned budgets
- Find creative and innovative ways to use donated food to maintain good food cost
- Develop positive working relationships with suppliers, donors, and volunteers
- Build an atmosphere that encourages teamwork of volunteers and staff
- Remain organized so that staff and volunteers know what they can expect when they are there to work or help.
- Maintain regular cleaning schedules for all areas of the kitchen (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, annually, etc.
- Determine most cost efficient options for ordering or purchasing to adhere to specified budget
- Manage all food costs by being organized and planning ahead.
- Create employee schedules and find viable solutions when an employee is unable to make a shift
- Assist in preparation, serving and cleaning duties as needed.
- Food Safe certificate – strong knowledge and understanding of food safety standards
- Experience preparing, cooking and serving food for approximately 100 people
- Experience ordering and purchasing
- Experience supervising kitchen staff and volunteers
- Ability to manage budget for kitchen
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, and clients
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of The Lighthouse
- Ability to create a sense of unity and common purpose
- Sound leadership, management, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals of all levels within The Lighthouse community
- Honest and open; high level of personal integrity
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check required as a condition of employment
- This position requires 8-hour shifts, 5 days a week overseeing staff and managing budget, menu planning and ordering.
- This position occasionally requires 10-hour shifts, to serve three meals/day to clients and residents
- Stands and prepares/serves food for up to 10 hours a day with minimal sitting time
Please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resource Manager at: email@example.com by Friday, July 9, 2021.