This is a salaried management position for 40 hours per week. Primarily day-time hours Monday – Friday; some evening/weekend work may be required, including responding to calls outside regular work hours
Director of Client Services
The Front Line Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily coordination and support for The Lighthouse’s front line departments: front desk, stabilization shelter, and mobile outreach. This individual works closely with the Human Resource Manager to ensure the appropriate staffing of these areas, and provides hands-on training, coaching, and support for team members. The Front Line Manager is supported by Shift Supervisor positions who assist with supervision and day-to-day activities in front line areas.
The Front Line Manager also compiles data and reports for both internal and external individuals, and interacts with clients and the general public. The Front Line Manager represents The Lighthouse in community settings, including committees and meetings, and works closely with other agencies. This position requires strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as proficiency in computer and database programs. This position requires a hands-on approach and working alongside staff in these departments as needed.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Time Management
- Team Work
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Proficient in Database Systems
- Provide day-to-day coordination and support for staffing at the front desk, stabilization shelter, mobile outreach, and security desk.
- Provide hands-on training, coaching, and supervision for staff members. Ensure employees are trained and aware of all Lighthouse policies and procedures.
- Work alongside staff members and provide coverage in departments if necessary
- Schedule employees for work assignments, vacation, training, etc.
- Conduct performance evaluations with employees
- Follow accepted human resource practices around recruitment, supervision, performance evaluation, progressive discipline, and dismissal of staff.
- Foster and exemplify a collaborative culture and team approach for all staff
- Recommend improvements to policies to ensure effectiveness
- Maintain paperwork related to the front desk, mobile outreach, stabilization shelter, and security departments; ensure data entry and program stats are current and accurate
- Coordinate and lead regular staff meetings
- Monitor staff time sheets; ensure hours entered are correct; initial any approved overtime
- Complete reporting for The Lighthouse internal team (client data, incident reporting, etc.)
- Primary liaison with other organizations regarding Lighthouse shelters; complete reporting to external agencies including Social Services, SPS, Salvation Army, etc.
- Interact with Lighthouse clients and general public in a professional manner
- Sensitive to cultural and socio-economic differences in and between clients and employees, and strive to create a harmonious work environment
- Maintain a professional and collaborative working relationship with referral sources and other community agencies in order to deliver appropriate services to The Lighthouse clients and/or refer individuals to appropriate agencies
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Preferred Degree/Diploma level of training in human services (e.g. social work, addictions counselling, sociology, psychology) or non-profit program delivery
- Minimum 5 years of relevant service experience in the human service field
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- Strong organizational, administrative, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of The Lighthouse
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and client privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and defuse crisis.
- Computer literacy, including effective working knowledge of MS Office, E-mail and Information System applications.
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals of all levels within The Lighthouse
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with related legislation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Criminal Record and Vulnerabie Sector Clearance required as a condition of employment
- Driver’s License
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions.
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, as well as government/community agencies and personnel.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
Please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources department. Email application to email@example.com or fax to 306-665-7773. No phone calls please. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will stay open until position is filled.