Full-time permanent, 40 hours per week; primarily Mon-Fri, some evening or weekend work may be required; flexible schedule available
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Coordinator provides assistance to Human Resources functions within The Lighthouse Supported Living. The HR Coordinator will take the lead role in providing HR support to our North Battleford location, and will also provide support to the HR department in Saskatoon including recruitment and selection, data entry, file maintenance, and policy and procedure writing.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Take lead role in recruitment activities for The Lighthouse Serving the Battlefords, and assist with recruitment and interview process in Saskatoon
- Track the status of candidates and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedule meetings and interviews
- Conduct references checks for prospective employees
- Prepare new employee files
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Administer group benefits plans including enrolments, changes, and terminations
- Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers
- Promote workplace safety and compliance and assist in developing and maintaining a positive safety culture. Assist in development of safety initiatives; participate in OH&S committee, and assist in management of claims
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process; coordinate performance review process between managers and employees
- Maintain training records for employees by inputting all training into database; prepare training reports for managers as required; assist in development of new training initiatives
- Recommend new policies and procedures to effect company improvements and organizational efficiencies.
- Assist with processing of terminations
- Scan documents into electronic filing system; file papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Make photocopies, fax documents, and perform other clerical functions including preparing letters, contracts, documents, and reports as required
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases as required
- Process incoming mail
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of company, employee, and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma or Degree level education in business, commerce or administration, with a focus on human resources
- Experience in a variety of human resource functions
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check is required as a condition of employment
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and training & development
- Strong understanding of trauma informed care and harm reduction would be an asset
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy towards persons with substance use disorders, mental health disorders, physical disabilities, behavioural issues, and/or medical issues including possible infectious diseases
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Flexible work schedule; primarily day-time Mon-Fri, but may include evening or weekend hours
- Travel required to North Battleford location
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, as well as government/community agencies and personnel
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
Please send resume and cover letter to Raeleen Viklund, Human Resource Manager, by email to email@example.com or by fax to 306-665-7773. No drop-ins or phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply by May 14, 2021