Part-time for 20 hours per week; this is a temporary position expected to last for four months, with possibility of extension
Client Services Manager
As a member of the Lighthouse Client Care Team, and under the direction of the Client Services Manager, the primary goal of this position is to provide personal care and assist Managed Alcohol Program clients with activities of daily living with a view to encouraging optimum level of functioning. The MAP Care Aide will actively engage with clients, develop a helping relationship, identify physical care needs, ADL, IADLS needs and work with clients in the development and performance of these. The duties and work processes of the Care Aide are provided as specified and in accordance with the Lighthouse Care Aide Scope of Practice.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Client Service Orientation
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Team Work
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Assertively engages clients and builds a therapeutic relationship.
- With direction from the client’s care team, assists in developing a care plan to identify client level of functioning, care needs, client strengths, available resources, and specifies goal directed actions. Works with Lighthouse Care Team members and various community services in performance of these duties.
- Assists client with personal care and activities of daily living as per plan, and where realistic, encourages growing client initiative and independence in these areas.
- Assists clients with room care and laundry
- Assists clients with range of motion and personal exercise as prescribed.
- Assists with simple treatments as specified by the Lighthouse Care Aide Scope of Practice and according to the client specific care plan (e.g., ointments, simple dressings)
- Where required, facilitate client access to appointments, community services, community activities and outings.
- Observes, records and reports to the Care Team physical and psychological condition/changes (e.g. skin, condition of feet and nails, mobility, nutritional health, distress, sociability, behavioural changes, etc.)
- Provides simple health, personal care and life skill instruction.
- Promotes the social, spiritual and emotional well-being of clients.
- Promotes good communication with clients and their support system.
- Work with other Lighthouse staff to support referrals and transitions to other Lighthouse or community facilities.
- As a member of the Lighthouse Care Team, contributes to the planning, coordination and provision of client care.
- Contributes to and promotes a community climate of respect, safety and mutual support among residents and staff of the Lighthouse.
- Maintains up-to-date program and client documentation. Obtain and record all client information, date and nature of client contacts, consents, written case plans and actions.
- Utilize electronic information system, entering client and service information in a timely and accurate manner for use in reporting, service management and evaluation.
- Present self in an approachable, friendly and professional manner as an ethical example of a professional community organization.
- Become familiar with and adhere to Lighthouse Policies and Procedures
- Participate in ongoing staff development and training. Obtain and maintain necessary certifications.
- Maintain knowledge and skills in areas of mental illness, addictions, homelessness, trauma informed practice, and crisis management.
- Assist other LH staff and program areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Continuing Care Assistant Certificate, equivalent training, or related life/work experience.
- WHMIS 2015 certification
- CPR/First Aide certification
- TLR certification
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Office, e-mail and Lighthouse client information systems
- Ability to work independently and to plan and organize work load demands.
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License
- Ability to work with a diverse and often highly stigmatized clientele
- Knowledge and Understanding of First Nation’s Culture.
- Cultural sensitivity and respect for client individuality and self-determination.
- Demonstrated understanding of responsible self-care.
- Ability to de-escalate interpersonal conflicts in an effective fashion.
- Operate effectively as a team member to support other Lighthouse staff, programs and mission as well as partner agencies and staff.
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check submitted as a condition of employment
- Must be willing to work weekday or weekend hours
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions. Disposes of contaminated items/waste and sharps as per protocols.
- Will be working with persons with mental illness, addictions, behavioural issues cognitive impairment and/or medical issues, possibly including infectious diseases. Individuals may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Manual strength and dexterity required to perform client personal care and housekeeping tasks.
- Intermittently assists other staff in the conduct of their roles.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Raeleen Viklund, Human Resource Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 306-665-7770. No phone calls or drop-ins. Please apply by Tuesday, May 19th, 2020.