- Day/Evening rotation, full-time – average 37.5 hours/week; must be willing to work weekends
- Night Shift rotation, full-time – 40 hours/week from 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM; must be willing to work weekends
Front Line Manager & Client Services Manager
Team Leaders at The Lighthouse are an integral part of the team, providing on-the-job supervision, coaching, and oversight for staff. Team Leaders work with staff within all the areas of the Lighthouse including: Front Desk, Stabilization Shelter, Mobile Outreach, Complex Needs, Anchor, and MAP staff as needed.
Team Leaders play an important role in ensuring that The Lighthouse’s philosophies of care, including Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction, are practiced by all employees. They work to ensure that all policies and procedures are being practiced which includes assisting in the training of new staff, delegating responsibilities, being present and decisive in emergency situations, and contacting the appropriate managers when necessary. In addition, Team Leaders are responsible for providing intensive conflict resolution and de-escalation support to all areas of The Lighthouse
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Time Management
- Team Work
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Proficient in Database Systems
- Foster and exemplify a collaborative culture and team approach for all staff
- Provides supervision, coaching, and oversight for Front Desk, Stabilization Shelter, Shelter MAP, and Mobile Outreach, Complex Needs & MAP staff on evenings & weekends as needed
- Has a lead role in training incoming employees including general departmental orientation, reviewing policies, overview of safety protocols; provides ongoing coaching to staff, particularly in regard to Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction
- Review logbooks at each shift
- Arrange scheduling changes for all departments (i.e. a fill-in for a sick employee)
- Be the person to call emergency services if available
- Take time to interact with staff members individually – encouraging, listening, training, and coaching
- Interact with other shelters and organizations as needed
- Ensure safety rounds are being completed throughout The Lighthouse
- Communicate with staff members throughout shift to ensure things are running smoothly
- Ensure that all reports, HIFIS and any incident reports are completed and filed properly
- Regularly debrief with staff after their shifts or any incidents
- Assist manager with scheduling, performance evaluations, and staff coaching
- Ensure that duties in all areas are completed including cleaning duties, laundry, and administrative duties (i.e. data entry, ensuring forms/paperwork available, filing, etc.)
- Preferred Degree/Diploma level of training in human services (e.g. social work, addictions counselling, sociology, psychology) or non-profit program delivery
- 2 years of relevant service experience in the human service field; prior supervisory experience would be an asset
- A broad knowledge of and experience working with Indigenous communities is an asset
- Strong commitment to Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of The Lighthouse
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and resident privacy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and defuse crisis
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, E-mail, etc.
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals of all levels within The Lighthouse
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with related legislation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Clearance
- Driver’s License
- Must be willing to work days, evenings, and weekends; rotating schedule
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions.
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, government/community agencies
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
Please submit cover letter and resumes to Human Resources via email to: email@example.com or by fax to 306-665-7773. Posting will be removed when suitable candidates are hired.