If you are houseless/homeless, and intoxicated in Saskatoon
The Lighthouse Stabilization Unit is a safe place for manageably intoxicated people to recover from the effects of alcohol or drug use. There are separate dorms for men and women with 38 beds in total.
Staff are trained to administer Naloxone in emergency situations.
Stabilization shelter guests are offered:
- Immediate safe housing placement and a bed to sleep in
- Harm reduction supplies for safe drug use
- Nutritious meals
- Cultural and spiritual care
- Help connecting with community resources like MSS Income Support, obtaining ID, etc.
- Access to Lighthouse Addictions Counsellor
- Access to on-site, low barrier, SHA Nurse Practitioner health clinic
- Help connecting to addiction treatment programs
This program takes the pressure off of police and police cells, emergency services like ambulance, emergency departments, and the fire department, and Brief and Social Detox in Saskatoon.
Need more info?
Thank you to the following program funders:
The Robert D. and Lura Mae Meeds Sider Fund at:
This program is also supported by many, many friends of The Lighthouse who donate to make lives better.